What information do we collect?
We collect data from you when you register on our site or place an order with us (whether as a guest to the site or from a personally created account).
You can however visit our site anonymously at any time.
What do we use your information for?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To personalise your shopping experience by being able to respond to your individual requirements
- To improve our service to you by evaluating feedback and information from you
- To improve our customer service and technical support
- To process transactions (your information both public and private will not be shared, sold, exchanged or given to any 3rd party company for any reason whatsoever without your consent, except for delivering the intended product or service that you have requested from us
- To assist you in the event of a problem completing your purchase
- To ensure that, when you collect you Somerset Poppy, that purchases are distributed correctly
How long do we hold your data?
- Personal data relating to transactions is anonymised after seven years and your account will be removed after seven years of inactivity
How do we protect and safeguard your personal information?
We have a variety of security measures in place to protect your personal information. These include electronic safeguards, such as encryption, and physical safeguards and security.
Card payments are encrypted by our secure third-party payment provider. No payment information is stored by us.
Withdrawing your consent
- If you would like to withdraw your consent, please contact us
- Once you notify us of your request, we will respond to you as soon as possible.
- Wherever possible, we will anonymise all records relating to you and to your account, including all transactions and communication.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your personal data is restricted at all times. Only members of the Somerset Poppies team or trusted agents will be able to access your data. Their access and activities are restricted to the purposes outlined above.
Unsolicited Email Policy
Our Unsolicited Email Policy is that we will never send you unsolicited emails unless it is in order to directly affect or improve your customer experience.
Your email address is safe with us.
- We never sell or share your email addresses with other companies.
- You can unsubscribe at any time.
- We require that each email message sent out from us includes an easy way for subscribers to remove themselves via an unsubscribe link.
- If you receive a newsletter or email and decide you don’t like it, simply click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- If you feel you’ve been sent unsolicited email and would like to register a complaint, please email us using our contact page.
Definition of Spam
Spam is unsolicited email sent in bulk. Any promotion, information or solicitation that is sent to a person via email without their prior consent, where there is no pre-existing relationship between the sender and the recipient, is spam.
We provide online services that are easy to use, useful and reliable. These can involve placing small amounts of information on your computer or mobile phone or other device. These include small files known as cookies. There’s a link to general advice about managing cookies at the end of this page. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
Social Networking Websites
Social networking websites may place cookies on your computer. Social bookmarks are a way of saving links to web pages that interest you, and sharing those links with other people. You should read their respective privacy policies carefully to find out what happens to any data that these services collect when you use them.
Managing Your Cookies
To find out how to allow, block, delete and manage cookies, follow the link below and select the browser you are using. You can also read your browser’s built-in or online help for more information.
For more information about deleting and controlling cookies, please visit…
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998) When you order, we need to know your name, e-mail address, delivery address, credit or debit card number, expiring date and start date/issue no if applicable. This allows us to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status. We also ask you for your telephone number that enables us to contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent. If you do not want us to send you any marketing material in the future please tell us using the link email@example.com. The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Phone number
- Email address
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behavior of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. Cookies are safe to use however, you can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. If you have any questions/comments about any privacy matter, you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Somerset Poppies, Coxley School, Wells, Somerset, BA5 1RD
- Mail: email@example.com
- Tel: 01749 672719